Monday, January 10

Cook Book Challenge Week #1

Appetite for Reduction
Tonight's Menu: Buffalo Tempeh & Sweet Potato Drop Biscuits

I've decided to participate in the PPK's Cook Book Challenge #2.  Each week there is a new cook book and I'll try at least three recipes from each.  I'm looking forward to adding some new things to my arsenal! 

Wasn't sure if I was still going to make this once I got home from school, but I stuck the sweet potatoes in the oven, steamed the tempeh and began marinating.  The prep work turned out to be nothing and clean up was easy.  

The actual cooking went pretty quickly, too.  I put the biscuits in the oven, and they finished just as I was finishing the tempeh.  I think this is the first time I've actually "prepared" tempeh, rather than just steaming it and tossing it in a salad. 

Both dishes were tasty, but I'm not sure they paired very well.  I think the Buffalo Tempeh would be better with a salad or steamed veggies and maybe seasoned black beans.  The biscuits would be really good with a stew or Thanksgiving-like dinner.  I think I'd also try swapping the nutmeg for Cajun seasoning for another meal.



So, that's that... Cook Book Challenge day #1!  All that's left is to clean the kitchen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment