Thursday, February 24

Spinach & Garlic Pinwheels

Chad and I made pizza earlier in the week and my mind has been spinning with ideas for the other half of dough since.  This thought popped into my head the other day and I hoped it would be as delicious as I envisioned... Today, I finally turned it into more than just a ball of pizza dough.  It's so easy, you should try it too!

Spinach & Garlic Pinwheels
1 pound pizza dough (I used this recipe) 
1/4 c olive oil
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
3-4 c fresh spinach, chopped

1.  Heat oil and garlic over low heat for 10 minutes.  Preheat oven to 375.
2.  While the oil is heating, roll out pizza dough into a long, skinny rectangle, about 8 X 14.
3.  Toss garlic oil and spinach in a medium bowl.  Spread evenly atop the dough, leaving 1" clear along one long side of the rectangle.
4.  Carefully roll the dough into a log shape.  Place seam down on a cookie sheet (you may have to place it diagonally).  Pinch the ends to seal.  Brush with olive oil.  Using a sharp bread knife, make 4 slices along the top.
5.  Bake 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.  Slice into 2" pieces and serve!




We served them alongside a big ol' salad, which was pretty enough for its own picture.  I topped romaine and spinach with sprouts and tempeh "chicken" salad.  Yum... it made for a fairly light and very satisfying meal!



No comments:

Post a Comment