Friday, March 11

Cook Book Challenge Week #9

I planned to make one more chili recipe from "Vegan on the Cheap" this week, but never got around to it.  I thought I should make a quick post to review the book.  Our fridge was full of leftovers all week, which doesn't usually happen.  Chad and I both took leftovers for lunch the majority of the week, and still had enough for a second dinner.  I really liked everything we made and I love tips that Janet gives to save money.  Sometimes though, it's worth it to me to spend a little more to add some extra veggies.  With a few of the recipes we made, there were "splurge" options, such as using a red bell pepper instead of green or topping something with avocado.  Overall, I was very happy with this week's choices.  It's a really helpful book to have on hand, especially in the winter with it's canned veggies and many soups.  I really wanted to try the Chocolate Surprise Brownies, but we had enough other sweets this week!  They are definitely still on my long list of things to try from this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment