Tuesday, October 16

Lazy Lunch for Two

I've been waiting for a good time to try tahini with Will again.  Chad was out of town this weekend, so I was lazy on the food-prep end.  We had some chickpeas in the fridge from earlier in the week, leftover rice and a 5-pound bag of carrots.  Out of those came our lazy lunch... hummus with extra garlic, seasoned rice and carrot sticks.  I topped my plate with an extra sprinkle of salt and sesame seeds and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil.  It was surprisingly delicious!  I even had more for a snack later in the evening.
 
 
Will enjoyed his lunch, too.  Carrots are always one of his favorite foods.  He reached for his carrot sticks immediately, and barely touched anything else on his tray for ten minutes.

 
Okay, best part of the lunch?  I made the hummus with tahini (of course) and Will did just fine!  No mess besides the bib and tray.  He shoveled the hummus in by handful once he finally set the carrots aside.  It wasn't  a colorful lunch, it wasn't a gourmet lunch... but it was quick, and it was rather delectable!
 
Happy Baby... and Happy MoFoing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment